I am one of those people who needs cookbooks for inspiration. If you follow me on Instagram you would have seen a fair few recipes from the I Quit Sugar Book Simplicious.
This is one of my favourite recipes from the book but, because I always have to, I have made a few tweaks to make it my own.
What you need…
- Peanut Butter (or any nut butter) – 150g
- Chicken Drumsticks (8-10)
- Chilli Flakes – 1-2 tsp
- Chilli (if you like a real kick, leave this out if you don’t like spice)
- Dark Soy Sauce – 3 tbsp
- Tenderstem Broccoli
- Sugarsnap Peas
- Nuts, peanuts or any nut really (roughly chopped)
What to do…
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Mix up the Soy Sauce, Nut Butter and Chilli Flakes in a large bowl. I use Meridian Nut Butter which usually means I have to add a little bit of water to make the paste more runny.
- Coat the Chicken in sauce and place on a baking tray
- Put the Chicken in the oven for around 15-20 minutes before adding the Vegetables and Nuts and cooking for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Boil some Rice and you are done!
I love this recipe because not only is it quick and easy it is super tasty!
Give it a go and let me know what you do!